To improve men’s health across all countries in Europe by promoting collaboration between interested organisations and individuals on the development and application of health-related policies, research, education and prevention programmes.
The European Men’s Health Forum (EMHF) is responsible for raising the profile of men’s health issues across Europe, developing Europe-wide policies and supporting the establishment and development of men’s health organisations that pursue similar objectives in each European country.
Its key objectives are:
- To raise the profile of men’s health at a Europe-wide level and within individual states.
- To encourage Europe-wide, national, regional and local organisations (both governmental and non-governmental) to include men’s issues in their health policies and practices.
- To improve the delivery of health services to men, including primary care and health promotion information.
- To increase the awareness of health professionals of men’s health issues and their ability to work effectively with male patients and men generally.
- To increase men’s awareness of their own health and their treatment options.
- To foster improvements in men’s health-related behaviour, not least in terms of increasing their willingness to access health care and reducing the risks they take with their health.
- To provide opportunities for organisations and individuals across Europe with an interest in men’s health to network and collaborate.