The Seventh World Congress on Men’s Health will take place in Nice, France on 28-30 October. This replaces any previous dates you may have seen advertised.
Entitled “Men’s Health: How to overcome the challenges?!”, the meeting will take a multidisciplinary approach focused on education. The congress's general secretary Professor Siegfried Meryn describes it as 'your one-stop for comprehensive multidisciplinary scientific exchange and solutions in urology, cardiology, endocrinology, oncology, sexual medicine, mental health, primary care, public policy, education, aging and beyond.'
Scientific highlights of the WCMH 2010 will be:
- Cardiovascular Disease – the biggest challenge at the frontier of men’s health issues
- Solving the puzzle of the various therapies of BPH: navigating the management algorithm from medical therapy to minimally invasive procedures
- Cancer in men: prevention, screening, detection and treatment
- Primary care approach for men’s health
- The aging man: a global perspective
- Addressing a growing challenge: the epidemic rise of diabetes mellitus
- The Metabolic Syndrome, from nutrition and lifestyle to medical therapy
- Update on testosterone replacement therapy for men
- A practical approach to communicating with male patients
- Depression and Suicide: recognition and treatment
- Evidence based lifestyle behavioral modification
- Erectile dysfunction: a new paradigm in relationship to cardiovascular disease and the metabolic syndrome
- Premature Ejaculation: the portal to young men’s health!
- Osteoporosis in men
- CAM in men’s health
- Overactive bladder: is it only in women?!
The organisers are calling on those interested to register and submit abstracts as soon as possible. Abstracts will be published in the Journal of Men's Health with the best ones being awarded a special prize during the congress. The deadline is 15 August. Further information on abstract submission is available here.